IngredientsFor the almond
* 2 egg whites
* 50 g cake flour
* 150 g chopped almonds
* 125 g icing sugar
For the truffle head
* 568 ml cream
* 2 packets of mulled wine
* 1 orange, zest only
* 1 x 3 cm cinnamon sticks
* 150 g of black chocolate
* 50 g dried cranberries
* Cocoa powder, for dusting
* Cinnamon powder, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease pan and line 15 cm square of parchment paper, leaving a part of the paper hanging over the edges. This will help remove the disc from its case.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add flour, then almonds and sugar. Pour the mixture into the pan and press firmly on bottom of the can. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Let cool.
3. For truffles, place the cream, mulled wine sachets, orange zest and cinnamon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Strain to remove the zest and cinnamon.
4. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl.
5. Bring the cream to a boil and pour over the chocolate. Stir until completely dissolved.
6. Tip of cranberries and pour chocolate mixture over the almonds. Refrigerate until firm.
7. Before serving, sprinkle with cocoa powder and cinnamon, and cut into small squares to serve.