Dark Chocolate Coconut Brownies
I've been around, the new full-time job, so I no longer have the luxury to indulge in meals that take several hours to prepare. I've been cooking lately to be taken seriously - mostly on weekends - and today, even though we had those wonderful brûlées cream yesterday, I had an earnest desire for chocolate, so I put up the game Crisis brownies, but some changes: the coconut extract and flaked coconut instead of vanilla and nuts and Dutch-process cocoa.
Very good, very deep and intense, is not cakey or milk chocolatey.I need a glass of milk after a small brownie, just wow, struck with the desire to put the chocolate in the face.
* 1 / 2 cup flour, sifted
* 1 / 2 cup cocoa powder Dutch-process
* 1 / 2 cup Turbinado sugar
* 1 / 4 cup dark brown sugar
* 6 T cold butter, cut into large pieces 1-T
* 2 T heavy cream
* 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
* 4 ounces bitter chocolate
* 1 / 2 t coconut extract
* 2 large eggs at room temperature
* ½ cup chocolate chips
* 1 / 4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- # Preheat oven to 325 F and spray a 11 x 7-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- # In a bowl, stir together the flour and cocoa and whisk to break up any lumps of cocoa.
- # Put about 1 ½ inches of water to boil in the bottom of the tub, then reduce heat in the pan on top of double boiler heat the butter and sugar until the butter begins to melt, Add the cream, gradually add the chocolate, stirring constantly to make sure the mixture does not burn.
- # Once the chocolate is melted, add the coconut extract and then immediately remove from heat and scrape into a large bowl.
- # Set the bowl in a large bowl, with a little ice water and let the chocolate mixture cool before adding eggs.Or you can moisten the eggs, whisking a little chocolate mixture while it is still pretty hot.
- # Add the eggs, mix well.
- # Gradually add flour mixture and mix until smooth. Add chopped chocolate and coconut and mix well.
- # Spread the dough in prepared pan.This not a coward, running as income paste - this is thick, almost like cookie dough. Do not worry. It's supposed to be.
- # Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in center comes out clean. This recipe makes a very dense brownies, moist and fudgy.
- # Transfer to a rack and let cool before cutting brownies.