Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream

Oh, how I would get a better picture of this ice cream. You know those little spots of chocolate, chocolate Baskin-Robbins' Mint Chip? This ice cream is part of this course. Grains of all types of chocolate makes the best ice cream. This was a wonderful recipe for homemade ice cream, and I'm going to do it again and again.

Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream


Source: Global Ward Cookbook: secret recipes

2 / 3 C sugar

1 / 3 C unsweetened cocoa powder

3 egg yolks, beaten

2 2 / 3 C cream

1 / 3 C chocolate chips

Add sugar and cocoa in a bowl. Add egg yolks and beat until smooth. Add the cream a little at a time. Be sure to mix well after each addition. Place the ice cream mixture in the refrigerator to cool. At this point, if you have a carton of ice cream, put it in the freezer so it is new too.

Place chocolate chips in a food processor or blender and blend until they are oh so nice corners. Can you add the chocolate chips right? Of course! But you will not get the little magical places there.

Add chocolate chips and cream. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and ice cream following the instructions of the manufacturer of your ice cream maker.

Mines were still soft when I took it out, but after freezing for a few more hours, it was perfect. And, oh, it was great! We had company over when I did that, and I think the lady there about karate cut me in my Adam's apple, since it was a plan. She could barely keep his paws off it! I can not say I blame him. It was wonderful. If you do not have ice cream maker, you should have one! There is nothing like homemade ice cream on a hot summer afternoon in Las Vegas.

Post a Comment

0 Comments