There are two types of chocolate can be used in stamping: coating of frosting and candy.
Coverage is of high quality chocolate. Black chocolate coating contains cocoa liquor, sugar, cocoa butter and vanilla. This type of chocolate known best by far, but is expensive and difficult to work because it requires nerve.
Chocolate confectionery coating is not true, although it may contain cocoa liquor. Confectionery coating contains vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter, making it much more stable, but it has different rich and complex flavors of high quality chocolate. Confectionery coating is great to use when you make candy with the children. It also comes in a rainbow of colors and flavors of chocolate and more.
Most candy molds are plastic and are relatively inexpensive, so you can store a variety of shapes and sizes for different occasions. If you make chocolate lollipops, do not forget to buy lollipop sticks, too. For the chocolate-colored, will have small brushes and food dyes soluble in fat, which is available at craft stores and cookware shops. Finally, you need a knife or metal spatula to smooth compensation and scrape the excess chocolate after pouring into the mold.
How to melt chocolate
When melting chocolate or candy coating, there are a couple of Major League bans. Do not allow water or other liquid in contact with it, or "grab". And it is not too hot. The excess heat and the reason for distinguishing the chocolate, which makes the system unusable.
You can check the temperature of the chocolate by dabbing a small amount of it on your lips or inside of your wrist. It should be warm, not hot.
Coverage of chocolate and some brands of couverture chocolate discs come in small simple fusion. If you use a large block of chocolate, cut into small pieces so that the uniform background. The best way is on a cutting board with a serrated knife.
To melt chocolate or confectionery coating:
* In the microwave: This is a very simple way to melt the chocolate, put it in the microwave in a bowl, and once the product is its high power, stirring every 10 seconds each time, until it is completely dissolved.
* In a slow cooking: slow cooker, set on low heat, melt the chocolate and ideal to keep it at ideal temperature when you're working. You just need to stir occasionally and keep an eye on it to make sure it is not too hot. If it is not too hot, turn off the slow cooker, remove the add and mix in a couple of copies of unmelted chocolate to cool it quickly.
* In a double boiler: This method lets you control the higher the temperature, and is better for high-quality chocolate. Set up your bathroom with a small amount of water - the water should not touch the top pot - and reheat over medium-low. Melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally, until mixture is smooth, remove from heat.
Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, it can clean and dry spoon plastic plastic bottles. Set bottles in a bowl of hot water to keep the right temperature while you work. Be sure to dry the bottle well before using chocolate.
A complex multi-color candy, buy different colors of the layer of caramel and some small brushes for food security. Paint one color at a time on the surface of the mold and allowed to harden before moving to the next color. Once each color has set, fill the mold with the color you like chocolate.
For advanced chocolate: you can buy online pure cocoa butter or in specialty food stores. Gently melt the cocoa butter as you would chocolate. Tint it with fat-soluble paint and mold. Colored cocoa butter can also be added to the melted white chocolate and hardened. Cocoa butter is very expensive so use sparingly.
Fill the molds
* Fill each mold slowly with a squeeze bottle, spoon, or by pouring chocolate into a measuring cup.
* Using a palette knife or spatula, scrape the excess chocolate into a clean bowl, can be gently warmed and reused.
* When the back of the mold is smooth and uniform, gentle pressure on the tray of chocolates on the kitchen table to pop the bubbles.
* If you make lollipops, insert sticks, turning gently so they are completely coated with chocolate.
* To harden chocolate quickly, place it in the freezer for a few minutes.
* When the chocolate is firm enough to exit from the mold, invert the mold everything clean towel and squeeze very gently release the chocolate.
Labels: Chocolate Recipes