* 200g good quality dark chocolate, about 60% cocoa
* 200 g butter, cut into pieces
* 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
* 85 g cake flour
* 85g flour
* 1 / 4 c. teaspoon baking soda
* Light muscovado sugar 200g
* 200 g caster sugar
* 25g cocoa powder
* 3 medium eggs
* 75 ml buttermilk (5 tbsp)
* Chocolate curls or grated, for garnish
Prep 30 - 40 minsCook 1 hr - 1 hr 30 mins Without icing
Plus baking and cooling time
Directions1. Butter a round cake pan of 20 cm (7.5 cm deep) and the baseline. Preheat oven to 160 C, 140C/conventional fan / gas 3. Break the chocolate in a heavy medium saucepan. Melt butter, then mix the coffee granules in 125ml/4fl oz of cold water and pour into skillet. Heat over low heat until everything is melted - do not overheat. Or melt in microwave on medium for about 5 minutes, stirring halfway.
2. While chocolate is melting, combine flour, baking soda, sugar and cocoa in a large bowl, mix with hands to get rid of all the packages. Beat eggs in a bowl and add the butter.
3. Now pour the melted chocolate and egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until everything is well mixed and you have a smooth and fairly liquid. Pour this mixture over the pan and bake for 1 hour 25 1 hour and 30 minutes - if you push a skewer in the middle should come out clean and top is firm (do not worry if it cracks a little). Let cool in pan (do not worry if it dips slightly), then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
4. When cake is cool, cut horizontally into three. Make the ganache: Chop the chocolate into small pieces and tip into a bowl. Pour the cream into a saucepan, add sugar and heat until boiling. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
5. Sandwich the layers together with a little ganache. Pour the rest over the cake, leaving off the sides and smoothing to cover with a palette knife. Garnish with grated chocolate or a pile of chocolate shavings. The cake keeps moist and gooey in 3-4 days.
Tag,Chocolate Brownie,Chocolate Cake,Chocolate Recipes,Chocolate Sweet,Hot chocolate,white Chocolate Cake , Chocolate Mug Cake